DIY OpenSource SmartHome for 300€
Hi, thanks for your interest!
I am currently still working on this post, so far I have only finished the video.
If you want to be informed about news, then subscribe to the newsletter.
You will also receive a link to a poll where you can vote which projects from the video should get tutorials.
The next two videos, are already in the making.
But now have fun with the video!
Software on the Raspberry Pi:
- NodeRED – main controller programm, very visual, but powerful. It’s great (nodered.org)
- Grafana – to visualize data (grafana.com)
- InfluxDB – special database for sensors ( timebased grouping is possible) (influxdata.com)
- Mosquitto – a MQTT-Broker, essential for sharing data between sensors and NodeRED (mosquitto.org)
- PiVPN – simple to set up VPN (pivpn.io)
- PiHole – ad-blocker, child-protection and DNS-Server (pi-hole.net)
- NextCloudPi – your own cloud (NextCloudPi in Docker)
Software for DVB-T (SDR) Stick:
Software for developers:
- VSCodium – texteditor or IDE
- PlatformIO – for developing firmware for ESP8266, ESP32 and Arduino
- Arduino IDE – still using it, but not as often as PlatformIO
- Firefox – yes! NodeRED and Grafana are running in your browser, so please use Firefox. Chrome is betrayal!
Software for sockets: